The Athletic and Cultural Club Athenian Runners (ATHINAIOI DROMEIS) in close collaboration with FAOS mountaineering CLUB is in the position to announce the: 3rd Authentic Phidippides Run Athens-Sparta-Athens under the auspices of the Hellenic Republic Ministryof Tourism, the Hellenic Police, the Hellenic Association of Mass Popular sports and Ultra Running Clubs (E.O.S.L.M.A-Y) and UESpT.Supported by the city of Athens municipality.
COMMITMENT STATEMENT FOR A SUSTAINABLE SPORT EVENT
The organizing committee of the 3rd Authentic Phidippides Road Race, Athens-Sparta-Athens 490 km, is pleased to announce its commitment to creating a sustainable sport event which incorporates the three principles of Fair Play, the historical route of Phidippides and the environmental policy and management required to create a sustainable event. The Athletic and Cultural Club Athenian Runners (ATHINAIOI DROMEIS) and FAOS Mountaineering Club in close collaboration with ZOTEN (Sustainable Events) is dedicated to realizing a program that uses the natural resources required for the event in a sustainable manner, reduces any negative environmental impacts caused by the event and manages the waste created during the course of the event.
- Start and Finish line in the area of ancient Athens Market
- Starting NOVEMBER 17 2016 at 17:00
- Last Participant finish 22 November 2016 at 1:00 a.m.
The route will follow throughout the ancient road from Athens – Elefsina– Megara- Ancient Corinth and following the road to Ag. Vassileios Arch. Kleones will reach the Ancient Nemea.
Then the course will follow the way to Malandreni, Lyrkeia, Karya, will climb toArtemisiomount and then go to Nestani. It will pass through Tegea, to enter the Tripolis-Sparta road and get to the statue of Leonidas in Sparta Stadium.
The way back will follow the same course.
Total route: 490 km.
CHECK POINTS-MAIN SUPPLY STATIONS (ANCIENT AGORA – SPARTA 245K, 43HR)
- ANCIENT MARKET – MEGARA (41 km) 5:30 hours
- MEGARA – EXAMILIA (46.1 km) 7:00 hours
- EXAMILIA –ANCIENT NEMEA (31.1 km) 5:30 hours
- ANCIENT NEMEA – NESTANI (51.5 km) 11:00 hours
- NESTANI – TEGEA (22.5 km) 4:00 hours
- TEGEA – SPARTA (52.8 km) 10:00 hours
CHECK POINTS-MAIN SUPPLY STATIONS (SPARTA- ANCIENT AGORA 245K, 61HR)
- SPARTA- TEGEA (52.8 km) 16:30 hours
- TEGEA- NESTANI (22.5 km) 6:00 hours
- NESTANI- ANCIENT NEMEA (51.5 km) 13:00 hours
- ANCIENTNEMEA- EXAMILIA (31.1 km) 8:15 hours
- EXAMILIA – MEGARA (46.1 km) 9:30 hours
- MEGARA- ANCIENT AGORA (41 km) 7.45 hours
The participant’s performance will be measured by electronic timing using chip.
There will be 70 supply points, on the way ATHENS-SPARTA and the same points on the way back to Athens. That means a total of 140 supply points with water, isotonic water, refreshments and snacks. List, of supply points to be announced.
At the main stations there will be hot meals for the participants.
Personal supplies can be delivered to the organizers in order to be placed on specific supply point. The participant BIB No and the supply point Number should be clearly stipulated on the package. The organizing committee has any right to check the content of the package as well as the content of the escort cars.
Escort cars are allowed to offer support to the participant ONLY at the supply points.
Any support in between the supply points may cause disqualification of the athlete participation.
- Euchidios athlos finisher within 12 hours and 30 minutes
- Finisher of any distance race over 160 kilometers (RodopiAdvendurun Aethlios, double Euchidiosathlos, Dolichos, Spartathlon and other inner or outer races with official results).
- Performance or intermediate passages (splits):
- Over 160 km in 24 hours Run
- Over 250 km in 48 hours Run
- Over 300 km in 72-hour Run
- More than 350 kilometers regardless of time (6 day, 1000 km 1000 miles)
- Previous Fhidippides Run finisher.
- Comming halfway (Sparta) in previous authentic Fhidippides Run.
- Presentation of a medical certificate dated maximum six months priorto the date of the race, confirming the good health of the participant.
- Payment of participation fee.
The Entry fee is 500 EURO payable to the Bank Account:
ACCOUNT: 5091 – 082936 – 584
IBAN: GR61 0172 0910 0050 9108 2936 584
Beneficiary: ATHINAIOI DROMEIS
The above mentioned fee includes:
- Bib Number
- Electronic timing chip
- Commemorative medal for all finishers
- Participation Certificate
- Transfer of participant own supplies to the stipulated supply points
- Medicalservicesduring race
- Transfer for athletes who will fail to finish
- Providing water, energy drinks, fruits, energy bars, snacks (potato chips, raisin, salty sticks, chocolates, toasted bread, honey etc) at about 140 supply points
- Hot meal in 9 CENTRAL STATIONS (Pasta, rice soup)
- Rest facilities in 9 CENTRAL STATIONS.
Hotels are not included.
Escorts meal and transportation are not included, as well meals for athletes beyond menu set by the organizers.
Please find here the registration form: www.athenianrunnersclub.gr/register
The registration form will be available up to 31/10/2017
Type your data in details.
Type in details your performance data in other Ultra Running Events (Race, date, performance)
Trophies (CUPS) will be awarded to the first three men and first three women.
All finishers will be awarded medals and diplomas.
Throughout the course there will be medical coverage by doctors, rescuers and ambulances.
PERSONAL BELONGINGS SAFEKEEPING
There will be provision for storage of participant’s personal belongings.